Daylight savings is almost here, and with it, you know the drill: It’s time for spring cleaning. TLEO is a wonderful collection that can “spring clean” the mind, body, and spirit – more on that later this month – but we’re talking about a good, old-fashioned spring cleaning of your hearth and home, which also goes hand in hand with TLEO. Did you know chemical cleaners found in the grocery store aren’t well regulated, and therefore are not required to label their products with information about the toxicity and harmfulness of their ingredients?
Move away from the status quo of cleaners and get to know the extraordinary power of using TLEO singles and proprietary blends all over your home and in helping safeguard your family from the health worries at the forefront of our minds nowadays.
Nothing boosts your elbow grease efforts in a cleaner, greener way than 100% pure essential oils. TLEO is overflowing with the best of the best, and, while you’re scrubbing away and spraying across surfaces and rooms, don’t forget you’re getting an aromatherapy session to boot!
A few of our recipes call for vodka. Why, you ask? Using water for things such as a linen spray will harm fabrics – moisture is not a fabric’s friend. (Think: mold.) Alcohol dissipates quickly and is great for propelling essential oils into the air without causing harm. Remember, don’t use undiluted essential oils on surfaces without first doing a spot check. Some citrus oils and eucalyptus have been known to strip the varnish off wood furniture.
Spring Cleaning with Essential Oils
+ Add 2 drops of TLEO Orange, 2 drops of TLEO Lavender, and 2 drops TLEO Bergamot to 2 cups of white vinegar in the TLEO Amber Large Spray Bottle (16 oz.). Shake well. Spray countertops and other surfaces and wipe clean with a reusable microfiber cloth.
+ Combine 1½ cups of distilled water, 1 Tablespoon alcohol, 30 drops each of TLEO Lemongrass and TLEO Lavender, 15 drops of TLEO Tea Tree and 3 drops of our proprietary TLEO Guardian Blend in the reusable TLEO Amber Large Spray Bottle (16 oz.) and mix well. Use to combat mold around the house. Spray on areas prone to mold or mildew, and leave for up to an hour, or overnight if possible (be mindful and keep pets from getting into it while it sits). Wipe clean with a reusable microfiber cloth.
+ Sprinkle 2-3 drops of TLEO Lemongrass onto the filter pad in your vacuum cleaner and feel the instantly uplifting aromas fill the air while you get a nice calorie-burning workout pushing that thing.
+ Add 1 cup of distilled water to the reusable TLEO Amber Large Spray Bottle (16 oz.); mix in about 18-20 drops of TLEO Grapefruit (Pink), 15 drops of TLEO Lavender and 6-8 drops of TLEO Tea Tree and 3 Tablespoons of white vinegar. Mix well. Disinfect kitchen or bathroom countertops. Wipe clean with a reusable microfiber cloth.
+ Add a drop of TLEO Eucalyptus to the cardboard toilet paper roll before placing a new roll on your holder in the bathroom.
+ Add a few drops of TLEO Peppermint to your favorite homemade cleaner and spray in bathrooms and kitchens for an antibacterial, disinfecting effect. In this method, it also serves as an effective natural deterrent for house pests and flying insects.
+ In a reusable TLEO Amber Spray Bottle (8 oz.), add 1 cup distilled water and 1/4 cup white vinegar. Blend. Add about 20-25 drops of TLEO Orange. Mix well. Apply to surfaces in the nursery, kitchen and bath countertops, and kids’ toys. Wipe on/off with a reusable microfiber cloth.
+ Apply 2-3 drops of your favorite scent – TLEO Rosemary is wonderful here – to a damp washcloth and toss it in the dryer with wet clothes or linens. Light years better than environmentally disastrous and potentially health-harming dryer sheets. (Important: Do not use oils with a low flash point in the dryer: Peppermint, Orange, Grapefruit; and do not add oils directly to the rubber gaskets or liners of a washing machine or dryer, as they will cause a breakdown of the rubber.)
+ Add 6-8 drops of TLEO Lime to organic, unscented, clean, clear dishwashing liquid.
+ Sprinkle a few drops of TLEO Tea Tree into the kitchen trash can and sink drain for an instant refresh and banishing of unwanted odors.
+ Add 6 drops of TLEO Lemon to a mop dampened with warm water or to a steam cleaner to clean and disinfect the kitchen floor.
+ Use 1-2 drops TLEO Bergamot or TLEO Lime directly on an item that has lingering gummy residue from a sticker, use a paper towel or reusable microfiber cloth and rub the residue right off.
+ Fill your home with the mother of all bouquets: Add 2 ounces of distilled water and 2 ounces of witch hazel or vodka to a reusable TLEO Amber Spray Bottle (8 oz.). Add 40 drops of proprietary TLEO Serenity Blend (with floral lavender, ylang ylang, and bergamot). Mix well. Spray around the room for a dreamy crush of flowery delight. Increase the potency by 8-10 more drops if desired. In this method, you can also lightly mist pillowcases a bit before bedtime for another kind of dreaminess – the sweetest of sweet-scented dreams.
+ TLEO LAVENDER RUG HUG
- Add about 1/2 a cup of baking soda to a nonreactive (glass) bowl or jar
- Add about 6-8 drops TLEO Lavender
- Blend with a wooden or nonreactive (nonmetal) spoon
- Sprinkle across the rug or carpet and let it sit for a few minutes
- Vacuum up and enjoy the soothing scene and green clean!
+ TLEO AROMATIC “ROOM TO GROOVE”
- Add 2 ounces of distilled water to the TLEO Amber Spray Bottle (8 oz.)
- Add 2 Tablespoons of vodka or Everclear
- Add 10-15 drops of your favorite scent – we suggest TLEO Frankincense for an uber-uplift or TLEO Grapefruit (Pink) for an out-of-this-world punch of refreshing clean
- Shake well; spray throughout a room for quick deodorizing, purifying, uplifting oomph!
+ Bonus! TLEO AROMATIC “YOU” BOOST
- Add 2 ounces of distilled water or witch hazel to a nonreactive jar or container
- Add 3-4 drops of your favorite scent – try our proprietary TLEO Revitalize Blend for a refreshing burst
- Blend well
- Fill a TLEO Amber Accessories Pipette, and add to the TLEO Amber Mini Mist Bottle (Keep remaining mix in an airtight glass jar)
- Secure the spray pump cap tightly, then spray the aromatic into the air overhead and walk through the mist for a personal and instant spark of renewal
+ TLEO STREAK-FREE GLASS BLASTER
- Add 2 cups of water to a nonreactive bowl or large jar
- Add 1/4 cup white vinegar and 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
- Add 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Add 10 drops of your favorite TLEO scent – we love TLEO Lavender
- Mix well and pour (enough to fill) into a reusable TLEO Amber Large Spray Bottle (16 oz.)
- Mist onto dingy glass shower doors, mirrors, windows and let it work for a minute
- If needed, use a stiff-bristled scrubbing brush to break up persistent, pesky water stains and soap residue, spraying more glass cleaner as you go
- Wipe clean with a reusable microfiber cloth or a squeegee
Fill your cleaning cabinet by borrowing from Mother Nature’s cupboard! Connect with Total Life Essential Oils at TotalLifeChanges.com.
*These recommendations are for educational purposes only. Test first for possible allergic reaction. Citrus oils may cause photosensitivity and should not be applied topically when in direct sunlight or going outside. If pregnant or breast-feeding, or taking medications, ask a health professional before use, and consult your doctor about contraindications. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. This product line is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or mitigate any disease.