P erhaps the most ancient herbal remedy, the use of rosemary in natural herbal remedies, sacred practices, and therapeutics dates to times in which magic – yes, magic – was employed as an aid to support healing, driving out evil spirits. Greek scholars wore the minty herb around their necks to help with a sense of enhanced memory while being tested.
The shrubby evergreen, a member of the mint family, was often burned at ancient shrines. Rosmarinus officinalis and its essential oil have long been valued across cultures for support of the respiratory and circulatory systems, digestive and nervous complaints, oral hygiene, and skin and hair care. Pharmaceutical research has shown evidence of rosemary essential oil aromatherapy benefits for pain relief.
Known as the “herb of remembrance,” rosemary oil is an excellent promoter of feelings of mental invigoration. It encourages a sense of rejuvenation and recharging of the body. It is also extremely high in antioxidants that help fight free radicals and oxidative stress, which damage the skin. Sourced from Spain, TLEO Rosemary uses steam distillation to extract the oils from the delicate blue flowers of the fresh tops, yielding a strong, deep, minty scent with woody undertones.
In a study published in 2012, test subjects answered math problems in a room imbued with rosemary essential oil. Their accuracy and ability to resolve the problems quickly was increased in direct proportion to the duration of the oil being diffused. The researchers concluded that the findings suggested “compounds absorbed from rosemary aroma affect cognition and subjective state independently through different neurochemical pathways.” Simply put, inhaling rosemary was shown in the study to help maintain acetylcholine, a brain chemical that aids thinking, concentration, and memory.
Rosemary blends well with thyme, lemongrass, true lavender, and peppermint. These rosemary essential oil uses promote comforting and renewing warmth:
- At home, at work, or before a major project, diffuse a little TLEO Rosemary to promote feelings of sharper focus. Remember to breathe deeply and evenly. Let the deep, earthy, woody scent evoke feelings of calm.
- Walking into a tense moment? A stressful event? Simply breathe in TLEO Rosemary in methodical, even breaths, to encourage feelings of reduced stress.
- In the bath or shower, try a few drops on a damp washcloth, placed near the showerhead or on a towel bar as the warmth of the water’s steam picks up the herbaceous aroma.
- Add 4-5 drops per ounce of your favorite shampoo or conditioner, or mix the drops into 2 ounces of TLEO Fractionated Coconut Oil and wash, to promote feelings of stimulated, soothed, and cleansed scalp and healthy-feeling hair. It can also be added, 2-3 drops at a time, to any after-shower hair care product.
- Mix 2 drops of rosemary, 2 drops of peppermint, and 1 tsp of TLEO Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage onto skin for feelings of support and alleviation for aching joints or sore muscles.
TOTAL LIFE ESSENTIAL OILS FEATURES
- PEAK QUALITY: Sourced globally from across five continents
- PRECISE HARVEST: Assures each essential oil’s composition and potency remain intact
- SUPERIOR EXTRACTION: At first cut, by cold press or steam distillation for purity; reduces the breakdown of compounds
Cold press: Whole fruit or peel is pressed to derive essential oil, with solids from the plant included. The integral liquid is then filtered to separate oils from the juice.
Steam distillation: Delicate herb and leaf material is placed in a central unit, traditionally a stainless steel still. Steam is then sent into the container to release the aromatic molecules, creating a vapor. Compounds are then delivered to a condenser. Water is introduced to return the vapor to a liquid, then extracted. The liquid is carried to a separator, where the now-perfumed water and essential oils are separated.
- EXCLUSIVE SEAL: Packaged with a proprietary sealing method to remove all oxygen, prevent degradation and extend longevity
- EVOCATIVE SCENTS: Exclusive, incomparable blends offer an explosion of sensory elation, therapeutic benefits
Total Life Essential Oils are here to restore you. To transport you, to transform your day into that escape you envision when you close your eyes and remember to breathe.
Find your center when you inhale the possibility of complete relaxation. This journey will bring you back. Full circle. Returning your mind, body, and spirit to the soulful destination you crave at the end of each busy day. Your mind can pack a bag and set out to discover all the earth offers to restore us, make us whole. Total Life Essential Oils can take your spirit to pristine points across five continents, within the comforting retreat of your own home.
*This product line is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or mitigate any disease.