YOU probably already know this, but herbaceous and heady lavender has been one of the most popular and versatile essential oils across time immemorial. Lavandula anugustifolia is as evocative as aroma gets. Breathe it in and it’s a fair bet you’ll find it hard not to feel comfortable, calm, and relaxed.
Through centuries and civilizations, lavender is rich in tradition as a folk remedy. Shaman, scientists, and physicians have relied on its floral, herbal, sweet, balsamic, woody nature in analgesics, antifungals, insect repellents, deodorant, perfumes for linens and other fabrics, a cocktail mixer, and so much more.
Bulgaria is home to the world’s most abundant lavender, which carries more than 100 principal constituents. While the entire plant is aromatic, steam distillation derives the essential oil from the fresh, flowering tops.
Beloved for its support of feelings of calm, the scent will likely evoke a memory for you of your last trip to the massage therapist, nail salon, or spa. All kinds of service industries have long relied on lavender to help clients feel relaxed from the moment they walk through the doors.
Studied for support of promoting better sleep, combatting feelings of depression, and reducing signs of anxiety and stress while promoting feelings of stress overcome.
Among its milelong list of uses, lavender boasts antibacterial and deodorizing properties that have been proven to fight bacteria within the Streptococcus species±, according to a study discussed on the American College of Healthcare Sciences website. It is a powerhouse among natural, “green” cleaners. Rugs and carpets around our homes are often overrun with odors and bacteria, and lavender can be an amazingly fast, effective – and inexpensive! – remedy. See the solution in the suggested uses below.
Lavender essential oil pairs beautifully with a dizzying number of others, from lemon, orange, and grapefruit to peppermint, rosemary, and bergamot, and it’s one of the more sought-after aromatic plants for use in skincare, beauty, and natural cleaning products. It is also sometimes used to comfort the occasional cut, bruise, or skin irritation.
There’s not enough room in any blog on the planet to list all the ways lavender can be used. A few ways to try it:
- At home, at work, or even in the car on the way to school drop-off, diffuse TLEO lavender essential oil for stress or heightened nerves. Remember to breathe deeply and evenly.
- The simplest way to relax on a day off or after a difficult or stressful event is to diffuse the lavender and sit back. Or sprinkle 1-2 drops onto a cloth or tissue and inhale the aroma. Close your eyes and take a journey to a peaceful place to rejuvenate and reconnect your mind, body, and spirit.
- In the bath or shower, apply a few drops to a damp washcloth and place it near the showerhead or on a towel bar near you as the warmth of the steam picks up the sweet floral scent.
- Combine with TLEO Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage onto skin to alleviate feelings of tension or to prepare for sleep.
- For cleaning rugs or carpets, place about ½ a cup of baking soda in a bowl or jar. Add about 6-8 drops, TLEO Lavender. Sprinkle and scatter the baking soda across the rug or carpet and let it sit for a few minutes, then vacuum it up.
- Add a drop or two into your regular laundry cleaning agent at the start of a wash cycle for a sweetly relaxing scent that lingers in your wardrobe or on your sheets.
TOTAL LIFE ESSENTIAL OILS FEATURES
- PEAK QUALITY: Sourced globally from across five continents
- PRECISE HARVEST: Assures each essential oil’s composition and potency remain intact
- SUPERIOR EXTRACTION: At first cut, by cold press or steam distillation for purity; reduces the breakdown of compounds
Cold press: Whole fruit or peel is pressed to derive essential oil, with solids from the plant included. The integral liquid is then filtered to separate oils from the juice.
Steam distillation: Delicate herb and leaf material is placed in a central unit, traditionally a stainless steel still. Steam is then sent into the container to release the aromatic molecules, creating a vapor. Compounds are then delivered to a condenser. Water is introduced to return the vapor to a liquid, then extracted. The liquid is carried to a separator, where the now-perfumed water and essential oils are separated.
- EXCLUSIVE SEAL: Packaged with a proprietary sealing method to remove all oxygen, prevent degradation and extend longevity.
- EVOCATIVE SCENTS: Exclusive, incomparable blends offer an explosion of sensory elation, therapeutic benefits.
Total Life Essential Oils are here to restore you. To transport you, to transform your day into that escape you envision when you close your eyes and remember to breathe.
Find your center when you inhale the possibility of complete relaxation. This journey will bring you back. Full circle. Returning your mind, body, and spirit to the soulful destination you crave at the end of each busy day. Your mind can pack a bag and set out to discover all the earth offers to restore us, make us whole. Total Life Essential Oils can take your spirit to pristine points across five continents, within the comforting retreat of your own home.
Note: Though lavender may be useful in helping people feel their mild anxieties are soothed, essential oils should not be used in place of professional treatment for any type of mental health issues. If you experience symptoms of anxiety or depression, we always recommend you address such concerns with your primary health care provider.
*This product line is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or mitigate any disease.