W hen you want a boost that shouts, “Hey, I’m invigorating!” – Eucalyptus is the essential oil that stands 20 feet taller than most (because that’s how much taller the plant is than most). Distilled from the oval leaves of the tall, skinny eucalyptus radiata plant, this essential oil has an almost limitless wealth of usefulness – revered as an antiseptic and/or antimicrobial, a pharmaceutical or fragrance, used in insect repellents, household cleaners, commercial food flavoring, and personal hygiene and dental products. A lot of popular over-the-counter products that help soothe joint pain include eucalyptus as an essential ingredient.
When your mind, body, and spirit need it most, eucalyptus and its clean, penetrating, woody scent, with hints of lemon, is well-loved for promoting a sense of calm. Many also find the health benefits of eucalyptus oil helpful for an aching back or tired muscles after a workout. And massage therapy relies heavily on eucalyptus essential oil as one of its top components in massage oils, preferred for its promotion of a sense of ultimate soothing and fast recovery.
Milder than eucalyptus globulus oil, eucalyptus radiata is a great choice for those with skin sensitivities. For centuries, Australia’s Aboriginal peoples have used eucalyptus and its soothing, cooling vapor in traditional remedies for treating wounds, body pains, congestion, and viral complaints. ±According to VeryWellHealth.com, a 2012 study considered the antimicrobial activity of eucalyptus oil against two pathogens: S. aureus, mainly responsible for post-operative wound infection, toxic shock syndrome, and food poisoning; and E. coli, responsible for urinary tract infections. Researchers found that the oil had activity against both bacteria.*
In the housekeeping realm, eucalyptus essential oil has a variety of properties found to help purify and cleanse. It is known for its promotion of reducing or eliminating harmful surface and airborne bacteria on contact. The nonprofit environmental research group EWG approves the eco-friendly use of eucalyptus oil in dozens of household cleaning products.
- To promote disinfecting and relief in irritation to the skin’s surface: Dilute 1-2 drops into TLEO Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to a cotton ball; first, clean the skin around the wound, then gently apply diluted TLEO Eucalyptus to the skin’s surface.
- Add a few drops to hot water or a vaporizer and take advantage of the oil’s coveted vapor for 5-10 minutes to promote a sense of improved, clearer breathing.
- In the shower or bath, apply 1-2 drops to a warm, damp washcloth and place it near the showerhead or on a towel bar or surface near you as the warmth of the steam delivers the clean, sweet scent. Breathe deeply and evenly.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention approves eucalyptus oil as an ingredient in insect repellents. Make a homemade insect repellent by mixing 1 drop of Total Life Essential Oils Eucalyptus with 10 drops of witch hazel in a small, reusable spray bottle and shake gently together. Spray to apply.
- At home, at work, or in the car on the way to school drop-off, diffuse a little eucalyptus to help with feelings of a clear and refreshed mind. Remember to breathe deeply and evenly.
TOTAL LIFE ESSENTIAL OILS FEATURES
- PEAK QUALITY: Sourced globally from across five continents
- PRECISE HARVEST: Assures each essential oil’s composition and potency remain intact
- SUPERIOR EXTRACTION: At first cut, by cold press or steam distillation for purity; reduces the breakdown of compounds
Cold press: Whole fruit or peel is pressed to derive essential oil, with solids from the plant included. The integral liquid is then filtered to separate oils from the juice.
Steam distillation: Delicate herb and leaf material is placed in a central unit, traditionally a stainless steel still. Steam is then sent into the container to release the aromatic molecules, creating a vapor. Compounds are then delivered to a condenser. Water is introduced to return the vapor to a liquid, then extracted. The liquid is carried to a separator, where the now-perfumed water and essential oils are separated.
- EXCLUSIVE SEAL: Packaged with a proprietary nitrogen flush sealing method to remove all oxygen, prevent degradation, and extend longevity
- EVOCATIVE SCENTS: Exclusive, incomparable blends evoke an explosion of sensory elation, therapeutic benefits
- PROTECTIVE GLASS: Amber glass bottle protects oil’s longevity, purity
- TRAVEL APPROVED: 2 oz. bottle is TSA approved for a carry-on liquid
Total Life Essential Oils are here to restore you. To transport you, to transform your day into that escape you envision when you close your eyes and remember to breathe.
Find your center when you inhale the possibility of complete relaxation. This journey will bring you back. Full circle. Returning your mind, body, and spirit to the soulful destination you crave at the end of each busy day. Your mind can pack a bag and set out to discover all the earth offers to restore us, make us whole. Total Life Essential Oils can take your spirit to pristine points across five continents, within the comforting retreat of your own home.
*This product line is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or mitigate any disease.