Y ou’ll hear it again and again with Total Life Essential Oils: Our exclusive scents are powerhouses of productivity. These aromatic wonders from Mother Nature help with so much more than meets the eye. Lemongrass is an essential oil with a reputation across healthful practices and methods for boosting a total wellness lifestyle.
Historically relied upon in Indian medicine for centuries, lemongrass has been researched for its beneficial support of overall feelings of wellness, with additional research supporting its antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Sourced from East India, the Cymbopogon flexuosus species is a perennial known locally as Cochin grass. Lemongrass essential oil is a highly aromatic oil with a sharp, grassy, citrusy scent. It’s revered for supporting stress relief, feelings of relaxing and clearing the mind, and support of a sense of a refreshed mind, body, and spirit.
Massage therapists and sports therapists rely on lemongrass in aiding feelings of soothed muscles, and pharmacology denotes its reliability in supporting digestive function. In ancient folk remedies, lemongrass oil is sought for its support of releasing feelings of resentment and regret, and aid in transforming negative energy into positive.
Studies have shown the use of lemongrass essential oils in aromatherapy can help ease intense feelings of stress and anxiety, and essential oils used in massage therapy might bring even more benefit. ±A 2015 study evaluated the effects of lemongrass and sweet almond massage oil during massage. The study showed lemongrass massage oil provided a harmonizing effect. Participants who received a massage using the oil once a week had lower diastolic blood pressure than those in the control group.
Its primary constituent, citral, is revered in pharmacology studies because of its superior attributes evidenced in research. Lemongrass has been used for decades as an astringent and skin cleanser to support feelings of released toxins and opening pores, as well as an antinausea agent and an aid in battling allergies.
Fun fact: The lemongrass plant is also a popular ingredient in many ethnic dishes and is rich in antioxidants. Nowadays, you can find several forms and varieties of the food product of lemongrass in your grocer’s produce section. The leaves are used in herbal teas, and the tender parts of the stalk are chopped and used in recipes, most often Asian and Caribbean.
LEMONGRASS essential oil pairs well for diffusing with nearly every TLEO scent – from the citrus family to the woody rosemary and lavender to the minty goodness of peppermint.
Longing for feelings of calm, restfulness, and relaxation? With lemongrass essential oil diffuser benefits, you’ll find that and more:
- At home, at work, or in the car on the way to school drop-off, diffuse a little Total Life Essential Oils Lemongrass to aid in feelings of decreased nerves, anxiety, or stress. Remember to breathe deeply and evenly.
- In the bath or shower, apply a few drops to a damp washcloth and place it near the showerhead or on a towel bar near you as the warmth of the steam picks up the fresh, clean scent. Breathe deeply and evenly.
- Dilute into TLEO Fractionated Coconut Oil – 10-12 drops to 1 teaspoon coconut oil – and add to the water of a warm bath to promote feelings of soothed muscles and a clear mind.
- Add 2-3 drops to a favorite moisturizer for a delightful burst of rejuvenating freshness from the antioxidant wonder of lemongrass. (Antioxidants help fight free radicals and oxidative stress, which damage the skin.)
- Blend with 1-2 drops with 1 drop of TLEO Peppermint and 2-3 drops of TLEO Orange in a diffuser for a refreshing session to aid feelings of clearer breathing.
- Add a drop or two to your regular shampoo, in the palm of your hand, to promote the appearance of shinier hair and a healthy-feeling scalp.
- Around the home, with a solution of 4-to-1 distilled water and white vinegar, adding about 24-30 drops of TLEO Lemongrass. Mix well. Apply and wipe on/off surfaces in the nursery, kitchen and bath countertops, kids’ toys – anywhere you would want to disinfect your home.
TOTAL LIFE ESSENTIAL OILS FEATURES
- PEAK QUALITY: Sourced globally from across five continents
- PRECISE HARVEST: Assures each essential oil’s composition and potency remain intact
- SUPERIOR EXTRACTION: At first cut, by cold press or steam distillation for purity; reduces the breakdown of compounds
Cold press: Whole fruit or peel is pressed to derive essential oil, with solids from the plant included. The integral liquid is then filtered to separate oils from the juice.
Steam distillation: Delicate herb and leaf material is placed in a central unit, traditionally a stainless steel still. Steam is then sent into the container to release the aromatic molecules, creating a vapor. Compounds are then delivered to a condenser. Water is introduced to return the vapor to a liquid, then extracted. The liquid is carried to a separator, where the now-perfumed water and essential oils are separated.
- EXCLUSIVE SEAL: Packaged with a proprietary sealing method to remove all oxygen, prevent degradation and extend longevity.
- EVOCATIVE SCENTS: Exclusive, incomparable blends offer an explosion of sensory elation, therapeutic benefits
*This product line is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or mitigate any disease.