Check out that itty bitty orange. It’s so cute, but it’s oh-so-much more than that. Bergamot, or citrus bergamia, gets its common name from the Italian city of Bergamo, in the northerly Lombardy region, where explorers were believed to have brought it home. It’s known as the orange’s tiny cousin – and that lesser-known relative comes with a delightful, invigorating spark to the senses.
The small citrus plant is a subspecies of citrus aurantium, or bitter orange. Through centuries, bergamot has been favored as a supportive aid in wellness and well-being. In Italy, it has long been beloved for attributes that promote soothing feelings, and a reviving of the skin, as well as qualities that contribute to the aid of irritation of the skin’s surface. Extraction of its essence, via cold press of the nearly ripe fruit’s peel, delivers almost 300 compounds in one essential oil, with sweet fruit scents and a slightly spicy undertone that evokes balsamic notes.
What’s a balsamic note? It is most indicative of wonderful warmth. Such undertones support the essential oil from its foundation, an inviting depth, and richness that leaves you almost able to visualize the soothing sensation right now, right?
Known as one of the most versatile oils, bergamot has a reputation for adapting to the specific satisfaction of the person using it. It is revered for its traits in both invigorating and soothing at once. It might sound funny that this tiny cousin to the orange offers both a pick-me-up and a boost to feelings of calm at once, but think about it: Don’t we often realize coming through the door at the end of a long day that we’d love a little of both – an uplift and a soothing sensation? If you’re feeling anxious or sad, bergamot is an essential oil you’ll come to love.
Lose Yourself In the Fresh, Sweet Floral Scent and Let Bergamot Aromatherapy Benefits Carry You Back to a Place of Centeredness – Mind, Body, Spirit:
- At home, at work, or in the car on the way to school drop-off, diffuse a little TLEO Bergamot to help with feelings of heightened nerves or stress. Remember to breathe deeply and evenly. Let the lively scent evoke feelings of peace.
- In the bath or shower, try a few drops on a damp washcloth, placed near the showerhead or on a towel bar as the warmth of the shower’s steam picks up the rich floral aroma and wraps around you like a comfy blanket.
- Add a drop or two to your regular shampoo, in the palm of your hand, to promote softer-feeling hair and a healthy-feeling, invigorated scalp.
- After the shower, dilute a few drops into TLEO Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to desired areas, maybe the soles of your feet, before bedtime, and get ready for a night filled with the sense of a more restful, meaningful sleep.
- If your homemade tile cleaner, shower disinfectant, or kitchen counter scrubber recipe calls for the essential oil to liven up and power up the antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-everything quality, reach for citrus’s superpowers: Add half a cup of cider vinegar slowly to half a cup of baking soda (they’ll react, causing a bubbling-up effect), and add 3 drops of Total Life Essential Oils Bergamot and 3 drops of Total Life Essential Oils Lemon for a sink scrubber with Mother Nature’s seal of approval.
Bergamot can be diluted and rolled across the skin’s surface or at pulse points to encourage feelings of relaxation, and it promotes a calm environment. The spirited citrusy scent evokes confidence and inspiration and supports feelings of contentedness.
One of the most popular uses for bergamot is as a base for diffuser mixes. It pairs well with frankincense, eucalyptus, lavender, and lemon. Being part of the citrus family, the most popular group of essential oils found in household cleansers, it’s also known as a terrific nature-based deodorizer, eliminating odors while adding its inherent sweet scent.
TOTAL LIFE ESSENTIAL OILS FEATURES
- PEAK QUALITY: Sourced globally from across five continents
- PRECISE HARVEST: Assures each essential oil’s composition and potency remain intact
- SUPERIOR EXTRACTION: At first cut, by cold press or steam distillation for purity; reduces the breakdown of compounds
Cold press: Whole fruit or peel is pressed to derive essential oil, with solids from the plant included. The integral liquid is then filtered to separate oils from the juice.
Steam distillation: Delicate herb and leaf material is placed in a central unit, traditionally a stainless steel still. Steam is then sent into the container to release the aromatic molecules, creating a vapor. Compounds are then delivered to a condenser. Water is introduced to return the vapor to a liquid, then extracted. The liquid is carried to a separator, where the now-perfumed water and essential oils are separated.
- EXCLUSIVE SEAL: Packaged with a proprietary sealing method to remove all oxygen, prevent degradation and extend longevity.
- EVOCATIVE SCENTS: Exclusive, incomparable blends evoke an explosion of sensory elation, therapeutic benefits
- PROTECTIVE GLASS: Amber glass bottle protects oil’s longevity, purity
- TRAVEL APPROVED: 2 oz. bottle is TSA approved for a carry-on liquid
Total Life Essential Oils are here to restore you. To transport you, to transform your day into that escape you envision when you close your eyes and remember to breathe.
Find your center when you inhale the possibility of complete relaxation. This journey will bring you back. Full circle. Returning your mind, body, and spirit to the soulful destination you crave at the end of each busy day. Your mind can pack a bag and set out to discover all the earth offers to restore us, make us whole. Total Life Essential Oils can take your spirit to pristine points across five continents, within the comforting retreat of your own home.
*This product line is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or mitigate any disease.
(Note: Citrus oils may cause photosensitivity and should not be applied topically when outside or in direct sunlight.)