A major export of Sicily, this premier citrus fruit is one of Italy’s proudest, most prolific agricultural endeavors. From an exponential flavor boost in pretty much every course at the dining table to flavoring pharmaceuticals and perfuming cleansing products and hospital-grade disinfectants, Citrus limon is an ingredient in the manufacture of just about everything.
Known for its elevated levels of vitamin C – maybe more than any other plant besides its citrus sibling, the orange – lemon also boasts citric acid, magnesium, and calcium. In pharmaceutical use, it is known for its antimicrobial and antioxidant qualities. For ages, European countries have regarded lemon as an all-inclusive tonic, especially in bacterial infections and other ailments. The juice of the lemon is highly valued in its own right, for its therapeutic assistance with acidic disorders and supportive relief during ailment, notably fever and bacterial issues.
Lemon essential oil delivers a light, fresh, fruity-floral scent. Cold press extraction of the fruit’s peel imparts the pale, green-yellow liquid essence. When we talk about essential oils that soothe and relieve stress, we usually lean into the warm and comforting scents of lavender or rosemary. Never discount the mighty lemon … refreshing essential oils can be as much a part of the anti-stress picture, with equally wonderful feelings of decreased anxiety and nerves. In a 2014 study±, aromatherapy with lemon essential oil helped a significant number of the 100 pregnant women in the test to experience decreased feelings of morning sickness.
Last and never least, the use of lemon essential oil is unrivaled as a natural cleaning agent. Its properties help purify and deodorize the air as well as surfaces, delivering absolutely no artificial fragrances typically found in the cleaning aisle of the superstore.
Looking for help detoxifying your day and your aura? Let TLEO Lemon and its penetrating scent be your superhero:
- Exhausted? Dragging in mind, body, or spirit? Under the weather? Diffuse TLEO Lemon to promote a sense of refreshment, recharging, and reawakening. Breathe deeply and evenly. Let the invigorating scent evoke feelings of rejuvenation.
- For bath time, try a few drops on a damp washcloth, placed near you as the warmth of the steam picks up the lively, sweet aroma, and you might find yourself singing in the shower.
- Dilute with TLEO Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to promote healthy-feeling, rejuvenated skin and the appearance of enlivened skin tone, or to help ease skin irritations and the appearance of skin inflammation from bacteria.
- Make a homemade insect repellent by adding 1½ tablespoons of distilled water, 1 teaspoon of witch hazel, and 1 teaspoon of TLEO Fractionated Coconut Oil to a reusable spray bottle. Add 15-20 drops of Total Life Essential Oils Lemon. Shake to combine. Avoiding the eyes and mouth, spray to apply.
- Freshen linens and laundry, and preserve them with less washing, when you use a homemade solution of 2 cups vodka (don’t use water; fabrics aren’t friendly with moisture) and 40 or so drops of TLEO Lemon. Shake well in a large, reusable spray bottle. Give items a light spritz and let them air dry. Use this on couches, curtains, sheets, pillows, blankets, towels … in the car … the ideas are endless!
- PEAK QUALITY: Sourced globally from across five continents
- PRECISE HARVEST: Assures each essential oil’s composition and potency remain intact
- SUPERIOR EXTRACTION: At first cut, by cold press or steam distillation for purity; reduces the breakdown of compounds
Cold press: Whole fruit or peel is pressed to derive essential oil, with solids from the plant included. The integral liquid is then filtered to separate oils from the juice.
Steam distillation: Delicate herb and leaf material is placed in a central unit, traditionally a stainless steel still. Steam is then sent into the container to release the aromatic molecules, creating a vapor. Compounds are then delivered to a condenser. Water is introduced to return the vapor to a liquid, then extracted. The liquid is carried to a separator, where the now-perfumed water and essential oils are separated.
- EXCLUSIVE SEAL: Packaged with a proprietary sealing method to remove all oxygen, prevent degradation and extend longevity.
- EVOCATIVE SCENTS: Exclusive, incomparable blends offer an explosion of sensory elation, therapeutic benefits.
*This product line is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or mitigate any disease.
(Note: all citrus oils are phototoxic and should not be applied topically when outside or in direct sunlight.)