Breadless Philly Cheesesteak Bowl for Two
This week on The 15 Day Challenge Show, Sean Bagan, TLC’s Director of IT, taught our audience how to make a low-carb alternative to a classic sandwich: the Philly cheesesteak! Check out the recipe below and click here to watch Sean discuss it live!
The original recipe serves five, but we’ve modified it to make the perfect meal for two! To serve a group of five, double the recipe and add another piece of provolone!
- 2 medium skillets
- 2 small bowls
- 1 lb. beef chuck roast
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper
- ½ white onion
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Start by cutting beef into thin slices (roughly ⅛″ thick). Be sure to remove any large chunks of fat!
- Mix together dry ingredients (salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning) in a small bowl. Use the mixture to season meat before cooking.
- Place one skillet over medium-high heat and add half (1 ½ tsp.) olive oil.
- Place seasoned beef in the skillet. Cook for roughly one minute on each side.
- Add Worcestershire sauce to the skillet, mixing with meat and juices.
- Slice onions and peppers into thin strips and cut mushrooms into small bits.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil in another skillet over medium heat, then add onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Cook until they become soft. (Once vegetables have cooked, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste!)
- Divide ingredients into two bowls. Serve seasoned beef layered on top of vegetables. Top with any juice remaining in the first skillet for extra flavor. Then, finish off the creation with a slice of provolone cheese!
Tried this recipe?
Please share a photo of your creation and let us know what you think on social media by tagging @TLCHQ!