Overnight Oats With Bananas
Let’s start our day with some overnight oats! For this delicious and nutritious breakfast dish, we combine two good mood foods: bananas and rolled oats. Bananas are more than delicious; they also contain potassium, which your tissues need (Potassium, 2021), and vitamin B6 (Bananas, n.d.). Vitamin B6 is known to help your body produce serotonin, which can improve your mood (Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), 2022). Rolled oats contain tryptophan, which your body needs to create serotonin. (Benefits of oatmeal – with recipe, 2022) So let’s get started!
- (2) Glasses
- (2) Lids
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Cup of Rolled Oats
- 2 Teaspoon Maple Syrup
- Peel and mash the bananas using a fork.
- Evenly transfer into two glasses.
- Each glass should have an even amount of mashed banana.
- In each glass, add one tablespoon of peanut butter, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, ½ teaspoon of Vanilla, and ½ cup of Milk.
- Add ½ cup of rolled oats into each of the glasses.
- Cover each glass with a lid and place in the fridge to chill overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to eat, you can add an extra splash of milk to loosen up the texture and add maple syrup for taste.
- Add slices of banana, and enjoy your overnight oats!
- Bananas. Hsph.harvard.edu. (n.d.). Retrieved October 26, 2022, from https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/food-features/bananas/
- Benefits of oatmeal – with recipe. Bay Area Cancer Connections. (n.d.). Retrieved October 26, 2022, from https://www.bayareacancer.org/2019/04/29/benefits-of-oatmeal-with-recipe/
- Potassium. The Nutrition Source. (2021, November 19). Retrieved October 26, 2022, from https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/potassium/
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Mount Sinai Health System. (n.d.). Retrieved October 26, 2022, from https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/supplement/vitamin-b6-pyridoxine
Tried this recipe?
Please share a photo of your creation and let us know what you think on social media by tagging @TLCHQ!