Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 20mins Total Time 30mins
Course: Main Dish
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3¾ cups cooked rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- ½ sweet onion
- 2 poblano peppers
- 4 stalks green onions (garnish)
- 1 lime (garnish)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⅓ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp raw honey
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 1½ tbsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- Cook 1 cup of dry rice. This should make about 3 ¾ cups of cooked rice.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare brussels sprouts by cutting off stem and halving. Be sure to remove any imperfect leaves on the outer layer.
- Dice green onion, sweet onion, and poblano peppers.
- Mince garlic if fresh.
- Toss brussels sprout halves in a bowl with ½ tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper until even evenly coated.
- Spread brussels sprouts across a baking sheet and place in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until they are lightly browned and soft.
- Add ½ tbsp olive oil to a large skillet and bring to medium high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add in sweet onion, peppers, and 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes. Saute for approximately 4 minutes or until golden and soft.
- Add minced garlic to pepper and onion mixture. Stir.
- Add ground beef to the skillet.
- While beef is cooking, combine apple cider vinegar, honey, hot sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Once beef is about 95% cooked, stir in brussels sprouts and sauce and finish cooking.
- Divide the beef and brussels sprout combination into 5 meal prep containers along with ¾ cup of rice per serving.
- Garnish with green onion and lime wedgeEnjoy!
Calories: 620kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 21g