Introducing… Hungry For More with Chef Sean and TLCHQ Personal Trainer Lukasz. Together this dynamic duo brings nutritional guidance with a splash of entertainment and advice on how to get the most out of your diet or exercise routine.
Looking for a healthy alternative for lunch this week? Look no further! This week on Hungry For More, Sean and Lukasz are cooking up a delicious salad packed with protein and nutrients. This kale and apple salad with grilled chicken is the ideal balance of vegetables and protein to leave you feeling fuller longer.
If you would prefer a different protein option, you can swap out for a lean low-fat option such as turkey or salmon – the same goes for Honeycrisp apples, if you prefer granny smith, use them!
Check out the episode and recipe below:
This recipe was featured on our Hungry for More broadcast. Watch the episode above or on our TLCHQ YouTube channel. Recipe Found Here. The laughs are never-ending!
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1 honey crisp apple
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 oz. Pecorino cheese, finely grated
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 300 grams grilled chicken breast
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon of salt and whisk.
- Add sauce onto the kale and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut dates into thin slivers and apples into matchsticks.
- Add the dates, apples, almonds, and cheese to the kale mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
After you try the Kale And Apple Salad with Grilled Chicken, go check out more episodes of Hungry For More.
*Consult a physician before making any dietary changes or participating in physical exercise that may impact your health.