2 cups cooked quinoa, or cooked brown rice
1 (15 oz. can) organic black beans, drained and rinsed
Lime wedges, to garnish
Jalapeno slices to garnish
PICO DE GALLO
2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
One small white onion, diced
1-2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
A good handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Juice and zest of 1 lime
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to your taste
2 lbs. lean ground turkey or lean ground beef
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 (15 oz. jar) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
1 cup organic tomato sauce
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander seed
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
Sea salt and pepper to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
1. Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, and once hot add in your oil. Add in the ground meat and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon to evenly brown it, about 6-8 minutes.
2. Once the meat is evenly browned, then drain excess grease.
3. Sprinkle cooked and drained meat with seasonings and stir in your fire-roasted tomatoes, and tomato sauce; cook until its thick and bubbling, about 10 minutes.
4. Once your meat sauce has thickened, remove from the heat and let cool.
5. In a medium to a large glass bowl, gently stir together your Pico de Gallo ingredients, taste test, and adjust as you like.
6. To assemble these beautiful meal prep bowls, evenly divide your cooked quinoa/rice among four glass containers.
7. Arrange the burrito meat equally next to the quinoa, then add beans, corn, and Pico de Gallo as shown.
8. Garnish with thinly sliced jalapeños and lime wedges if desired.
9. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.