Homemade Chicken Soup
Are you taking on The 15 Day Challenge and looking for a delicious meal that can help you get through the colder months while also helping you hydrate? Give this delightful soup recipe a try!
Est. Cook Time
- Large stockpot (or Dutch oven)
- (2) Forks
- 3–4 small chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil (can be substituted with coconut oil or olive oil)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- 4–5 large celery stalks, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 cups organic chicken broth or bone broth
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- 15 oz. cooked chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups organic bite-sized broccoli florets
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat and cook chicken breasts until nicely browned, about four minutes on each side.
- Set the chicken aside and shred it using two forks once cool.
- Add the remaining oil and sauté onion, celery and carrots, and pepper. Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, turmeric, sea salt, and chickpeas or white beans. Bring to a boil.
- Add shredded chicken, cover, and turn down the heat to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover, and simmer for an additional 8–10 minutes on low.