Ground Turkey With Spinach and Garbanzo Beans
Looking for ground turkey recipes to satisfy your hunger? This delicious and nutritious meal may help boost your mood thanks to its triple helping of tryptophan, which your body uses to make serotonin (Imhoff, J., 2019)!
- (1) Skillet
- (1) Cooktop
- ½ pound Ground Turkey
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon of Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Onion, Diced
- 15 ounce Garbanzo Beans
- 1 ½ cup of Spinach
- ¼ cup of Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon of Butter
- Melt butter on a skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced onions to skillet.
- Once Onions have softened add ½ Ground Turkey.
- While breaking meat into smaller pieces add seasoning, cumin, ground black pepper, and sea salt.
- Once meat has browned add garbanzo beans and spinach.
- Stir frequently, until spinach has wilted (this takes about 5 minutes).
- Remove from flame add lemon juice into the dish.
- Imhoff, J. (2019, December 24). How to boost your mood with food. University of Michigan. Retrieved October 19, 2022, from https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/health-management/how-to-boost-your-mood-food
Tried this recipe?
Please share a photo of your creation and let us know what you think on social media by tagging @TLCHQ!