Dark Chocolate Blueberry Bark
Who says dessert can’t be healthy? This delicious dark chocolate and blueberry bark dessert contains flavonoids that may have benefits for your mood (Khalid et al., 2017)! But remember: moderation is key when it comes to calorie-rich chocolate (Dark Chocolate, n.d.).
- Microwave-safe container
- Parchment Paper
- Baking sheet
- Refrigerator (or freezer)
- 16 ounces Dark Chocolate
- ⅓ Granola, Almonds
- 6 ounces of Blueberries
- ½ cups of Soy Nuts
- Place dark chocolate in a microwave-safe container and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time.
- Remove from microwave and stir.
- Continue process until dark chocolate is melted and completely smooth. Be careful not to burn it!
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Spread the dark chocolate onto the sheet of parchment paper.
- Add blueberries, granola, and soy nuts; gently press down on each topping.
- Set baking sheet in refrigerator overnight (or at least 2 hours) or for a frozen snack set the baking sheet in the freezer instead.
- Dark Chocolate. Hsph.harvard.edu. (n.d.). Retrieved November 9, 2022, from https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/food-features/dark-chocolate/
- Khalid, S., Barfoot, K. L., May, G., Lamport, D. J., Reynolds, S. A., & Williams, C. M. (2017, February 20). Effects of acute blueberry flavonoids on mood in children and young adults. Nutrients. Retrieved October 19, 2022, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5331589/