This week on Hungry For More, Cheesesteak Stuffed Pepper! Sean and Lucasz take this classic dish of a Philly Cheesesteak and put a healthy spin on it.
The delectable classic Philly Cheesesteak is known for the delicious bread, melty cheese, and thinly shredded skirt steak – in moderation, it can be added to most diets… but what if you want to eat it more often, try this healthy alternative to your favorite classic dish.
If you would prefer a different protein option, you can swap out for a lean low-fat option such as turkey or salmon.
Check out the episode and recipe below:
This recipe was featured on our Hungry for More broadcast. Watch the episode above or on our TLCHQ YouTube channel. Recipe Found Here. The laughs are never-ending!
- 4 bell peppers, halved
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 lb. sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 16 slices provolone
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 325º. Place peppers in a large baking dish and bake until tender, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 6 minutes.
- Add steak and season with more salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning.
- Add provolone to the bottom of baked peppers and top with steak mixture. Top with another piece of provolone and broil until golden, 3 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
After you try this Steak Filet and Sweet Potato recipe, go check out more episodes of Hungry For More.
*Consult a physician before making any dietary changes or participating in physical exercise that may impact your health.