Bacon & Egg Cups
Looking for a little boost in the morning? This hearty breakfast was designed to help you rise n’ shine! Kick your day off with some bacon, eggs, pepper, and hot sauce!
- Muffin tin
- Offset spatula
- Serving platter
4 (3 cups each)
- 12 strips of sugar-free bacon (about 8 ounces)
- 2 red potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 small red bell pepper (chopped)
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Hot sauce (your favorite brand) for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around the inside of each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin to create rings.
- Put one slice of potato on the bottom of each cup and divide the bell pepper pieces among the cups.
- Bake until the fat starts to render from the bacon (it will bubble in the bottom of each cup) and the bacon begins to crisp and turn light brown on the top edges (10 to 12 minutes).
- Remove the tin from the oven and crack an egg into each cup, making sure the yolk is inside the bacon ring.
- Continue baking until the bacon is crisp, the egg whites are cooked through, and the yolks are still runny, about 10 minutes longer.
- Run an offset spatula around the edges and remove them to a platter.
- Sprinkle with the chives and serve with hot sauce (if desired).
Tried this recipe?
Please share a photo of your creation and let us know what you think on social media by tagging @TLCHQ!