Detox Chicken Soup
3-4 small chicken breasts
3 Tbsps. avocado oil, coconut, or olive oil, divided
1 large yellow onion, diced small
4-5 large celery stalks, sliced
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
8 cups organic chicken broth, or bone broth
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1½ tsp. sea salt
15 oz cooked chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups organic broccoli florets, bite-size
1. In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat 2 Tbsps. oil over medium-high heat and cook chicken breast until nicely browned, about 4 minutes on each side.
2. Set aside on a plate and shred it using 2 forks once cool.
3. Add the remaining oil and sauté onion, celery and carrots, and pepper stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the chicken stock, turmeric, sea salt, and chickpeas, or white beans; bring to a boil.
5. Add shredded chicken, cover and turn down the heat to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
6. Add broccoli, cover and simmer an additional 8-10 minutes on low. Enjoy!